Eversorb AQ Series Light Stabilizer for Waterborne Coating Win Taiwan Excellence Silver Award!
12 Dec, 2023
- Dec 6, 2023
Everlight Chemical's Eversorb AQ Series Light Stabilizer for Waterborne Coating has been awarded the Taiwan Excellence Silver Award!
Everlight Chemical Chairman Chien-hsin Chen receives the Taiwan Excellence Silver Award from Minister of Economic Affairs Mei-hua Wang (Photo by TAITRA)
Taiwan Excellence is an award established by the Ministry of Economic Affairs of Taiwan in 1993. It is considered the Oscar of Taiwan’s industry and enjoys a high reputation internationally. Every year, a rigorous selection process is conducted based on four professional categories: “R&D,” “Design,” “Quality,” and “Marketing,” as well as the requirement that products be “Made in Taiwan.”
This is Everlight Chemical's first time participating in the Taiwan Excellence Award, and its Eversorb® AQ Series Light Stabilizer for Waterborne Coating were selected from over 1,000 products to win the award. The products then advanced to the finals, which included only 30 products, and were evaluated by a panel of domestic and international experts. The Eversorb® AQ Series were ultimately awarded the Taiwan Excellence Silver Award! It is the only B2B industrial chemicals to reach the finals and win the Taiwan Excellence Silver Award in over 30 years.
Everlight Chemical Chairman Chien-hsin Chen receives the Taiwan Excellence Silver Award (Video by TAITRA)
Taiwan Excellence Silver Award winners (Photo by TAITRA)
The Taiwan Excellence Award ceremony was held on December 6, 2023, at the Nangang Exhibition Center in Taipei. The award was presented by Minister of Economic Affairs Mei-hua Wang to Everlight Chemical Chairman Chien-hsin Chen. The award-winning product, Eversorb® AQ Series Light Stabilizer for Waterborne Coating, was also exhibited at the ceremony to let more people know about this "invisible guardian" that is closely related to our lives.
Everlight Chemical exhibits Eversorb® AQ Series at the Taiwan Excellence Awards ceremony. (Photo by TAITRA)
What is a light stabilizer? Light stabilizers help to slow down the degradation of polymers caused by UV light, such as yellowing, chalking, peeling, cracking, and loss of gloss. Waterborne coatings are made with water-soluble resins or dispersion resins. These resins are non-toxic and odorless, making them a good choice for the environment. To maintain the beauty and protective function, waterborne coatings also need to be added with light stabilizers. However, Traditional light stabilizers are mostly oil-soluble molecules. When added to waterborne coatings, they will cause the product to gel and clump due to oil-water incompatibility.
Everlight Chemical has been developing polymer weathering solutions for over 25 years. We developed the Eversorb® AQ Series Light Stabilizer specifically for waterborne coatings. The AQ1 ~ AQ10 provide a variety of weathering and anti-aging solutions for different types of waterborne resins, including waterborne wood coatings, industrial coatings, automotive coatings, and architectural coatings. Eversorb® AQ Series helps to protect waterborne coatings from UV damage, extending their lifespan and maintaining their appearance.
"Eversorb® AQ Series Light Stabilizer for Waterborne Coating" innovative features：
- 100% compatibility with all types of waterborne resins: Eversorb® AQ Series is formulated with a unique dispersion technology that makes it 100% compatible with all types of waterborne resins. No need for additional heating, grinding, or solvent additives.
- Active content of up to 90%: Eversorb® AQ Series is the only waterborne coating-specific light stabilizer on the market with an active ingredient content of up to 90%, which is 3-4 times higher than other brands. This means that only a small amount is needed to achieve effective protection, helping customers save on shipping, storage costs, and production processes.
- Water-free, will not freeze at low temperatures: Eversorb® AQ Series is also the only product that does not contain any water, so it does not freeze at low temperatures. This makes it convenient for customers in high-latitude or cold regions to use. It does not require the addition of antifreeze agents or bactericides, which does not affect customer’s paint formulations or the environment.
- Transparent appearance: Unlike other products on the market, which are mostly cloudy white, Eversorb® AQ Series is the only transparent product. This means that it does not affect the appearance of the finished product, making it ideal for applications where transparency is important.
- High Flexibility: Eversorb® AQ Series can be added either during the resin synthesis stage or after the formulation is complete.The operation is simple, which helps paint customers to retain more flexibility in the production process or research and development.
- Environmentally friendly: Eversorb® AQ Series is solvent-free and has no VOCs. It effectively extends the service life of waterborne coatings, helps to lower the frequency of repairs, and reduces the use of solvent-borne paints and VOC emissions.
Eversorb® AQ Series not only provides excellent weather protection, but also simplifies processes, reduces waste, and saves costs. It helps the coatings industry to reduce VOC emissions and protects the environment. Everlight Chemical is honored to be awarded the Taiwan Excellence Silver Award. We will continue to uphold our mission as a green chemical product supplier, committed to providing low-pollution, high-quality chemical products, and continuing to contribute to Taiwan's industry and sustainability.
For more information: